Skip to content
Cool extremity after stroke
An_256530 posted:
I had my left sided stroke 2/1/2014. I noticed while in rehab that my right foot was noticeably colder than my left. I had positive pulses, good color return, even an ultrasound to rule out a clot. Now, 2 months out, my foot is still cold, even though I have full range of motion back. I should note that it does warm up equal to the other foot after about an hour when I'm in bed. Also, I have no sensory deficits, I can feel touch whether it is cold or warm. I'm a nurse. What I missing here? Is this common? Does it go away in time?

tomard responded:
This is a very common symptom resulting from a stroke. Temperature issues on extremities may subside or may never really disappear. I had my event 4 years ago and still have hot and cold arm and leg issues.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.