Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    how to increase your appetite
    rocky1959 posted:
    My father is 83 years old had a bad stomach ulcer and had surgery. While in the hospital he had a mild stoke and mild heart attack. This was back in February that he was released from hospital. But now at home hi has loss hi appetite and will not eat. He will say that he wants or craves something but will not eat it, He has now loss 18 pounds and is now becoming very weak.
    atti_editor responded:
    Hi rocky1959,

    I am so sorry to hear that your father is having these troubles. Have you spoken with his doctor about possible causes and solutions? It is important that he is getting the proper nutrition and a medical professional may be able to find an underlying medical problem that is keeping him from eating. Here is some information about coping with eating problems after a stroke that I think you will find helpful. Please keep us updated on how he is doing!

    Best wishes,

    Helpful Tips

    Stroke and brain hemorrhage
    My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.