Skip to content
stroke after affects
oscardoodle posted:
Had a stroke 3 months ago from AFib. I am walking, talking,and reading. I am able to type and write pretty good too. I go to to pt,speech and work with my medical team at the VA Boston. I do tire easy and feel I'm drooling more on both side of my mouth. My right ride is cold and tingles in hand and foot likes it is asleep and sometimes hand is numb and can't pick up objects. I am much slower then I used to be and tire easily, have to rest after simple tasks. I'm glad to be alive and hope I will not get another stroke......

atti_editor responded:
Hi oscardoodle,

I am glad to hear that you are making such great strides toward recovery following your stroke. The numbness and tingling that you are feeling in your hand and foot are some of the more common side effects of stroke. This article explains some things you can to to prevent injury and help to make everyday tasks easier. Also, we have this great article about simple things you can do to help prevent a second stroke. Please keep us updated on your recovery

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.