Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
39 year male with stroke
daradele posted:
hello,

my son-in-law was diagnosed with stroke after waking up with vision problems 3 weeks ago. Cause determined was high blood pressure. Though his condition INO has improved he is off work indefinitely, cannot drive, gets exhausted with activity around the house.

except for medication, no follow up care was recommended - no PT or OT, no dietician, etc.

I am very concerned that his doctors are not being more proactive for a patient of his age. I hope to encourage my daughter to get a second opinion.

any suggestions?

atti_editor responded:
Hi daradele,

I am glad that your son-in-law is doing well after his stroke. It is certainly not a bad idea to get a second opinion on his need for follow-up care, especially if his current doctors don't seem to be concerned with preventing future strokes.

Our Stroke Health Center has a lot of good information that you may find helpful to look through. Here is an article on stroke home treatment and one on medications after a stroke . This new information on how fruits and vegetables may help lower stroke risk may also be of interest.

In regards to your son-in-law's high blood pressure, this article on high blood pressure treatment, and this slideshow on exercising to lower blood pressure may be helpful.

Please let us know how he is doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Any Exercise is Good!Expert
A recent study looked at exercise in people with Parkinson's Disease, http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/740854 but I think the results ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.