Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    65yr old stroke victim, living situation when cannot live alone
    An_257331 posted:
    My father in law had a massive stroke and has limited speech, but no use of his right arm/leg but can get around slowly with a cane. My mother in law has brain cancer and is not expected to live more than a couple of months at this point. My wife is their only child, but we are raising two small children and both have full time careers. She is insistent that he comes to live with us after her mom passes but he's 65 and hasn't been in the greatest of health before his stroke. Our home has multiple stairs which he cannot do alone. Any thoughts on what would be best for my father in law? assisted living? My wife's uncle has been taking her dad to physical therapy but he's told us he see's that her dad is no longer really trying to improve ( understandably so knowing his wife is dying ). This has happened for her mom and dad all in the past 8 months so it's taking a toll on my wife physically/emotionally. Any ideas anyone can give as I know my wife is thinking from her heart but I don't want our kids to sacrifice things we would no longer be able to do with them if we will be caring for him full time. I'm open to ideas and appreciate any...

    Helpful Tips

    Stroke and brain hemorrhage
    My mom 68 had a stroke/hemorrhage 22 days before and released from hospital and move to rehab now. She is not responding very well but ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.