Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Garcinia Cambogia is it safe for stroke survivors?
abbielynn81 posted:
I suffered a massive stroke 8 days after giving birth to my daughter. I have left side issues but I am looking for something for weight loss without raising my blood pressure

atti_editor responded:
Hi abbielynn81,

I don't know about how garninia cambogia may affect blood pressure, but it would be a good idea to speak with your doctor about possible side effects and whether it is your best option for weight loss. Here is some information on supplements and herbs for weight loss that you may be interested in. Also, our Weight Loss & Diet Plans Center is filled with information on how to safely lose weight, including diet plans you may want to try, a food and fitness planner where you can track food and exercise, good snack and recipes for weight loss, and more. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.