Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Multiple Strokes
An_257865 posted:
I really want some truthful answers....

My dad has had six strokes and two seizures. He is unable to speak, and has lost the ability to use his right side. He also has cataracts, and is looking weight. Today he is away on a flight to Pakistan (his home country, we live in Scotland) for two months before he comes back. Will he make it because this is the fasting month I know that he knows he shouldn't fast and apparently he my do it but it's out of our hands when be is there.... we don't know that his wife isn't going to 'forget' to feed him... and he can't exactly do it himself.
Is it likely he will die???

Please help ....? Xxxxxxxxx

atti_editor responded:
How is your dad doing now? I think that it is important that he continues to consult with his doctors while he is in Pakistan to make sure that he is not harming his health further in any way.

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Search non profit organizations that can help you in your area.
Search for non profit organizations that specialize in stroke and see if they can refer you to a Dr or Hospital. More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.