Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Please help, honesty after stroke
    stevery posted:
    Hi,

A short intro. My wife's mum had a stroke a week and a day ago. She got to hospital fast, but over the first 24-36 hours went downhill fast. She is now completely unresponsive. She has no body function and cannot swallow and is being fed through a tube up her nose. Her eyes are just rolling and today my wife showed me her mum on skype and as she called her, I was watching her eyes and I saw no indication of life inside.

She has been moved to an ICU room now because she has a build up of fluid on her lungs and cannot breath well any more.

Please be as honest as possible as to the outcome for my mother in law, good or bad I need to know. She is in a Philippine hospital, I am stuck here in China and cant get back to see for myself right now. I am a Brit.

Thank you in advance any doctor that can be honest with me
    Steve

stevery responded:
    ok, I was looking for some support, but after 2 days nothing, not even a view. Some great web MD this site is.

I guess this website is dead and no professional people here at all so what is the point.

By the way my mother in law is now in a coma and will be going home to die, thanks webMD for all your non-existent concern for your members.

I won't be back
    BYE

Helpful Tips

Form
    I also have experienced the numbing sensation in the back of the head or neck area. It only happens when I am laying down awkwardly with a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.