Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Please help, honesty after stroke
stevery posted:
Hi,

A short intro. My wife's mum had a stroke a week and a day ago. She got to hospital fast, but over the first 24-36 hours went downhill fast. She is now completely unresponsive. She has no body function and cannot swallow and is being fed through a tube up her nose. Her eyes are just rolling and today my wife showed me her mum on skype and as she called her, I was watching her eyes and I saw no indication of life inside.

She has been moved to an ICU room now because she has a build up of fluid on her lungs and cannot breath well any more.

Please be as honest as possible as to the outcome for my mother in law, good or bad I need to know. She is in a Philippine hospital, I am stuck here in China and cant get back to see for myself right now. I am a Brit.

Thank you in advance any doctor that can be honest with me
Steve

stevery responded:
ok, I was looking for some support, but after 2 days nothing, not even a view. Some great web MD this site is.

I guess this website is dead and no professional people here at all so what is the point.

By the way my mother in law is now in a coma and will be going home to die, thanks webMD for all your non-existent concern for your members.

I won't be back
BYE

Featuring Experts

Richard C. Senelick M.D. is a physician specializing in both neurology and the subspecialty of neurorehabilitation. He did his undergraduate and medic...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance with Expensive MedicationsExpert
I have had many patients whose pocket book is stretched by taking many expensive medications. One of the most useful Internet sites is ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.