Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Suboxene
ilive4forarleys posted:
I keep trying to kick Percocets, Vicodin and Valium for a long time but once the withdrawal starts to kick in, I go back. I looked up some addictionogists in my area and they all seem to use Suboxene. I was looking for Methadone detox. But apparently that is only for methadone or heroin users. And the doctor said I would have to start the withdrawal process before I can start the Suboxene. But I have heard horror stories about Suboxene. People end up getting addicted to that. I just don't know what to do anymore as I just cannot seem to kick it. Plus it is now affecting my stomach. I am at the point where I am at that point. I am not living I am existing and just isn't working for me anymore. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop?

Shawnie_ responded:
I didnt do Vicodin, but did do a trail mix of other drugs (Including Meth, Coke, Alcohol, Pot, Pills, Nyquil, whatever I could get my hands on).
I never took a drug to get off a drug. What worked for me was checking myself into a treatment center.
I know our back drug ground is completely different, but just thought I'd share what worked for me.
I tried to kick the habit, change the habit, moderate the habit, but I always went back to using harder and more than I did before. I once made it 2 full weeks clean and sober w/o help. (Just white knuckling it), What was the longest I was able to get and stay sober on my own, every attempt after thant was less than a week. Then it became less than a day, then I couldnt not use. (That's when I lost my job, kid, life).
I relate to you when you say you just exist. - I have a poem I just recently posted on my blog that talks about that. (My blogg address is in my profile - if you wnat to read the poem).
Anyway, everyone is different, but detoxing w/o drugs can be done. Once I went into treatment (over 10 years ago) I havent picked up a drink or drug since. And I did it cold turkey. for some reason, the total life change took away my urges. It was such freedom to know I was out of that life, even though I was locked up in a center, I didnt care, it was still freedom.

rayleanlanden responded:
I agree with Shawnie, treatment at this point is necessary. A good facility will be able to guide you through detox, and then help you address the issues that are underlying the problem. Your drug use is just a band-aid. Usually it's something traumatic that has happened the childhood or in the past that has never been dealt with, or forgiven. The suboxone and other drugs that are meant to wean you off the substance are only precursors to given you the ability to remove the physical dependence. If you are looking for a treatment program that takes a very personalized approach you can look at House of Recovery Remember that not all programs are created equal. You need to take the time, rather invest the time in yourself to get clean, and find out the things about yourself that will help you stay that way.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Helpful Tips

FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS OF ADDICTED - SEE 'NARANON'
FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH A RELATIVE OR FRIEND SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION - SEE "NARANON" THERE ARE SUPPORT MEETINGS IN THIS AREA ALMOST ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.