Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wife's Psych Overprescribes
tectonic posted:
My spouse and I shared the same psychiatrist for years. He was essentially a pill pusher. I finally stopped seeing him when he had me on 6 different uppers and downers and I was feeling miserable. My wife however continues to see him. Five years ago my wife had a serious addiction to ritilin; she was getting monthly supplies from three different doctors including this psychiatrist. After years of trying to get her help I finally told her doctors what was going on. Within a year, the psychiatrist had her back on a large dose of ritilin along with Nuvigil ( a stimulate-type drug), 90 xanax a month, lunesta, ambian, and an antidepressent. Does this seem kosher?

TDXSP08 responded:
I'm not a Dr. but this sounds like a cheese burger and milkshake at a jewish deli, Me personally would turn this Dr into the State medical board where you reside because this definately sounds like a standard of care that he can not justify 2 sleeping pills , 2 stimulants, 1 high dose Anxiolytic (you dont specify the dose but even the lowest tabs of Xanax taking 90 a month is allot) and God only knows what Anti depressant he's feeding her, Has he ever said what his goal was for her on all these meds , Does she have a Therapist? what do they think?

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Anthony Tornay, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and a Director of the Betty Ford Center Board, joined the BFC medical staff in 1984. He is a graduate of...More

Helpful Tips

FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS OF ADDICTED - SEE 'NARANON'
FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH A RELATIVE OR FRIEND SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION - SEE "NARANON" THERE ARE SUPPORT MEETINGS IN THIS AREA ALMOST ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.