Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
25 and I dont know were i am going...I believe I am an alcoholic
andyjn68 posted:
For years I have delt serious anxiety issues...off and on medication for it and being ok for a couple years with the meds...then they stop working...over time I just delt with the anxiety and depression with nothing no meds no drugs nothing. I have a huge history of alcoholism in my family both father and mothers sides. I have seen it kill family I was VERY close to and yet I have fallen into this addiction to mask..and get through the anxiety and deppression...yet I fall in to these days were i swear it would bring me to my knees if i opend a beer..I do anyways.i work midnights usually 10pm to 6am so yes in the am I usually drink a few to ease my anxiety and help me get to sleep...actually not usually I do every day. I don't knoow were to go for help I can't quit just like that...I want to get back on meds but I am affraid that if i get on meds then I will want to drink while on the meds then ill be worse off...my grandfather killed himself mixing pills and alcohol. my aunt attempted suicide because she was put on two meds that should not have been mixed...I am so scared and it brings me to tears. I am a hight school drop out...have a 3 and 4 year old and a daughter on the way. and I can't even be there for my kids like I need to be I want to go back to school but it adds so much more stress. My dream is to just provide my fiance and kids with a wonderful life and I know if i keep up with the way i am Ill eventually lose them. I went with out a dad my whole life I don''t want that for them...please I need some help

Kayap responded:
I think that you have stated the problem correctly. You have anxiety and depression issues. You need to get to an addiction physician and get back on some meds. There are a few out there that may even help you overcome your cravings for alcohol. You have a high incidence of alcoholism in your family so you need to get the help. Attend meetings along with the meds. Get your life back on track. You have a family counting on you. You can help yourself. Get out and get as much support and help as you can. Be a good role model for your children. Don't let them grow up seeing you struggle be a positive influence.

Good Luck,
Kay

andyjn68 replied to Kayap's response:
Thank you Kay

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Anthony Tornay, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and a Director of the Betty Ford Center Board, joined the BFC medical staff in 1984. He is a graduate of...More

Helpful Tips

Goto Discussion: "Addicts and relationships" (I'm Listening..)
Addicts and Relationships. No one wants to talk to addicts, except other addicts. 1. Get connected, socialize; talk to people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.