Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Charlie Sheen's Behavior
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Actor Charlie Sheen has been all over the news lately, and most recently he has denied that he has any sort of addiction problem or disease.

In a recent statement in a radio interview, he said that he has cured himself with his own brain.

I thought I'd ask the folks here for your thoughts. Is Sheen in denial? Do you think he actually could have gotten his addiction in hand just through deciding to stop?

I look forward to hearing the wisdom this group has to share.

Take care,
Olivia

pressingtheissue responded:
I am actually a listener to "The Alex Jones Show" and know that Charlie and Alex are close friends. Alex was mentioning how he had flew to where Sheen was one night and helped him with a drug related crisis. So admittedly, Sheen has had relapse issues, and a lot of addicts in recovery do. It's not an easy situation to free one's self of. As a recovering heroin/cocaine addict myself, I relapsed several times before it all came together for me.

What is curious to me is the fact that he is denying the fact that something is defiantly not right with him. It almost seems like he's having a type of nervous breakdown. Alex Jones stated that Mr. Lorrey(sp?), one of the main producers of "3 And A Half Men" had been publicly slandering Sheen with some type of written statement on a graphic slide at the end of several episodes. Maybe that set Charlie off?

My guess would be that the professional/personal problems that Sheen is having with one of the producers of his show really had him on edge. If my boss slandered me to an audience of millions, behind my back after I had finished a product, I would be a real mess too. I think that this episode of substantial stress may have caused Sheen to relapse and then speak out in public while intoxicated several times. I've seen that in other addicts, myself included.

powerlaw responded:
Charlie has massive central nervous system damage from the years of excesses. It's much worse than mere denial. He has serious mental and physical health issues. I think that he can cope with limitations if he gets help, but he is beyond being "normal" again.

waynenewman responded:
Charlie is definitely in denial. I am the director of a 12 step residential program. Often times family members or other loved ones bring a prospective client to us who behaves exactly like Charlie. While it is obvious to everyone else there is a problem to the one suffering there is nothing wrong. Very sad.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks to those of you who are responding here. Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

I hope you'll stick around and answer on other discussions if/when you have the time.

TDXSP08 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Ah to be young and stupid theres nothing like it, i will say Charlie' behavior has been out of Control. but we must remember Martin his Father was pretty wild in his youth also , having the women the booze and the drugs , but of course he was not on the hottest comedy on TV so losing his jb or not getting one was barely noticed and also the media was alot diffrent back then

Peace

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to TDXSP08's response:
I agree, the media was very different back then. And yes, Martin had some of his own issues in his younger days.

Now, though, Charlie is almost 46.

TDXSP08 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Well it is said "you cant trust anyone over 40"

at the same time it is also said" Only the good die young"

In examining those statements compared to Mr. Sheen he's got a problem.

in examining those statements compared to me i have no flaming alcohol or drug addiction, but i still have a problem

LOL

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to TDXSP08's response:
You and me both. LOL!

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Betty Ford Center Board of Directors member A. Thomas McLellan, Ph.D ., Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Director, Penn Center for Substan...More

Helpful Tips

smoking
you can also try the quitnet.com. you cangetsomefree parches there. the patches have really helped my with my stopping. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.