Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Need help and guidance
An_227129 posted:
my adult daughter went through a bad divorce and after that made horrible choices in her life that led to her becoming addicted to Oxycontin. She is now on suboxone I believe and also takes zanax. She has come to live with me, has no insurance, and I need to find help for her in Nassau County, NY.

I am scared and petrified that she will never ever be the same again. She has always suffered from anxiety attacks, panic disorder, etc. and was always on antidepressant medicine.

Please someone tell me where I can get help for her...I am a senior citizen and I do not have the money or resources to help her. Are there places that can help her?

I need encouragement.

Betty Ford Center
John Schwarzlose responded:
Do not ever give up on your daughter. She does need professional help. There are physicians in Nassau County who are certified in Addiction Medicine. You can check on this via www.asam.org . In addition, both County and State facilities are able to offer assistance at very reasonable rates for residents. You can also research where 12 Step meetings are held and encourage your daughter to attend or call the listed number to ask for help.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Betty Ford Center Board of Directors member A. Thomas McLellan, Ph.D ., Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Director, Penn Center for Substan...More

Helpful Tips

Goto Discussion: "Addicts and relationships" (I'm Listening..)
Addicts and Relationships. No one wants to talk to addicts, except other addicts. 1. Get connected, socialize; talk to people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.