Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Need help and guidance
    An_227129 posted:
    my adult daughter went through a bad divorce and after that made horrible choices in her life that led to her becoming addicted to Oxycontin. She is now on suboxone I believe and also takes zanax. She has come to live with me, has no insurance, and I need to find help for her in Nassau County, NY.

    I am scared and petrified that she will never ever be the same again. She has always suffered from anxiety attacks, panic disorder, etc. and was always on antidepressant medicine.

    Please someone tell me where I can get help for her...I am a senior citizen and I do not have the money or resources to help her. Are there places that can help her?

    I need encouragement.
    Betty Ford Center
    John Schwarzlose responded:
    Do not ever give up on your daughter. She does need professional help. There are physicians in Nassau County who are certified in Addiction Medicine. You can check on this via . In addition, both County and State facilities are able to offer assistance at very reasonable rates for residents. You can also research where 12 Step meetings are held and encourage your daughter to attend or call the listed number to ask for help.

    Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

    Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

    Helpful Tips

    Will smoking weed effect my everyday life and health due to my age?
    I'm 14 and I've been smoking marijuana since I was 12 due to family problems&a family loss and my grades seem to me slowly going down ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.