Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Bath Salt
An_227144 posted:
Can you please tell me what the side effects are from someone that has used bath salt for an extended period of time. I don't even know what someone looks like when they are doing it but I have seen some physical conditions in some people like painful lumps under the skin i their fingers and I was just wondering is that another type of condition that 2 people could have at the same time when they do out door work and are possibly just caught something from plants. I am concerned ecause they have a very high pain level and the lumps are under the skin and the skin is not been opened.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

While you're waiting for responses on your specific questions and in case anyone reading here is wondering about the use of these, the following article gives some information:

Beware: "Bath Salts"

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
We understand the use of bath salts is becoming a more prevalent problem, but we haven't had first-hand experience with the drug yet with patients at the Betty Ford Center . You can find good general information about this drug here: http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/bath-salts-drug-dangers

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Helpful Tips

FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS OF ADDICTED - SEE 'NARANON'
FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH A RELATIVE OR FRIEND SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION - SEE "NARANON" THERE ARE SUPPORT MEETINGS IN THIS AREA ALMOST ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.