Skip to content
New to webmd and need help
confusedvanessa posted:
Hi,
My mom has been having some problems with her lungs and heart for the past few months. she has been a smoker for years and recently cut way down. The docs found a "spot" on her lung and did a pet scan and then did a biopsy and the results were no cancer. We still don't know what it is but that doctor don't seem to be too concerned. Well she just went to the hospital with fluid on her lungs and another pulminary doc came in and said she looked at the records and said my mom needs to have the mass removed with part of the lung because it is growing! In the mean time my mom is in need of a heart valve replacement asap! I just don't know what to do. I do know i need to get a thrid opnion. Does anyone have any help they can offer me. My mom also is a perscription and illegal durg user if that helps with any info you can offer. My mom claims she stopped smoking crack but who knows. I just don't want some doctor cutting on her if she don't need it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Vanessa and welcome to WebMD,

I really encourage you to start getting answers here at WebMD by posting on our Heart Disease community . They may be able to offer some information and guidance.

confusedvanessa replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for your reply. I will try that.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Peter Przekop, D.O., Ph.D., developed and directs the chronic pain track at the Betty Ford Center . Since 2004, he has been a member of the faculty...More

Helpful Tips

Goto Discussion: "Addicts and relationships" (I'm Listening..)
Addicts and Relationships. No one wants to talk to addicts, except other addicts. 1. Get connected, socialize; talk to people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.