Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Responsible Drug Testing
An_240029 posted:
What are specific causes for low creatnine in toxicology specimens? I am seeking an expert opinion on this issue. I work for a criminal justice treatment program and many of our clinical staff believe that a small percentage of our clients are being penalized unjustly. We are seeking information about ways creatnine levels are affected that are unrelated to drug using behavior and/or tampering. Thank you.

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) sponsors a course twice a year in Medical Review Officer (MRO) training. This is a comprehensive course which covers the whole area of drug testing, including compliance and legal issues.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Sean Barlow, M.D., is the Betty Ford Center's Chief Psychiatrist and is Board Certified in Psychiatry and has an Certificate of Added Qualificat...More

Helpful Tips

FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS OF ADDICTED - SEE 'NARANON'
FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH A RELATIVE OR FRIEND SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION - SEE "NARANON" THERE ARE SUPPORT MEETINGS IN THIS AREA ALMOST ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.