Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Support
jlcordes posted:
I am just out of rehab. I spent 21 days in a treatment facility. I am a prescription pain med addict. I come from a small community where it is hard to go to meetings because they are so far away. I am waiting to go to my assessment at my local mental health facility to do outpatient work but would like some support in the mean time. I have been clean for 25 days now. I hope there is someone out there who will read this and maybe help me along a little bit. Thanks for your time

Kayap responded:
Congratulations on your sobriety. My son age 29 suffered with addiction to various substances prescription pain meds being one of them. He is now free from this. Stay strong and keep connected to the people who are there to help you. Stay away from people in the past who helped you get the meds or who put you in a position of wanting them more. Find another way to feel better in your spirit. This could be religious, sports, volunteering or putting more into your work and or family situation. The short term benefits of feeling right on meds is not the solution. Because we know it never lasts and you just need more and more to even feel normal. It is a horrible cycle that is bad for your health and your life. I am sure you already know all of this but this has been my experience with my loved one. You might be surprised how close a meeting could be. They also have them online. But if you can't find anything you should seek out a counselor or someone you trust to confide in and get good advice. Best of luck and keep up the fight for your life.
Kay

choclab888 responded:
Hang in there. I feel for you. I am over 4 years clean but I did try to move back to my small town in kentucky and meetings are hard to find. You can email me anytime you need to talk. picsonly456@yahoo.com . I am lucky because I moved to florida where there are hundreds of mtgs a week. Holler at me anytime.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Peter Przekop, D.O., Ph.D., developed and directs the chronic pain track at the Betty Ford Center . Since 2004, he has been a member of the faculty...More

Helpful Tips

smoking
you can also try the quitnet.com. you cangetsomefree parches there. the patches have really helped my with my stopping. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.