Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What would you do?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
I follow the Betty Ford Center on Twitter and a while back they asked this question which I found so intriguing that I thought I'd ask it here:

What would you do if you were not afraid?

An_240941 responded:
Go sky diving! I'm horrified of heights! I can't even bring myself to go on a roller coaster. I get all shaky at just the thought.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to An_240941's response:
Well, do you even WANT to go sky diving? I'm not that afraid of heights but have no interest in sky diving, for example. Now, I do like roller coasters and zip lines.

Have you ever tried facing your fears, maybe starting off with smaller things that make you nervous but not absolutely terrified? The feeling of triumph can be amazing once you do.

For me, I'm getting better at standing up for myself when I need to. It's on ongoing process as I don't like confrontation or the consequences of someone being mad at me but sometimes it's necessary and/or sometimes it's a good idea to learn how to confront using humor.

Thanks for joining in on this.

Anyone else?

kenya123 responded:
Stand tall and be proud!

Charliee70 responded:
I would have a drink....

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Betty Ford Center Board of Directors member A. Thomas McLellan, Ph.D ., Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Director, Penn Center for Substan...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

How to detox and how long does it take from Marijuana? ASAP
any information on how and how long does it take to pass a foriesic test,help????? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.