Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Thc withdraw
OptimusGrime87 posted:
So ive seen in the descusions it takes months for your mind to feel normal after you stop smoking. However you guys also said it matters how long you smoked and how old you are ect. So i am 18 i smoked everyday for about 2 years. I am 5 11 and 125 lbs about 6% body fat or so. I figure that is important in some way. This is day 3 and im starting to feel a lil less depressed and thats all that really cOncerns me. I feel like pot is greatest thing in the world so when will that delusion fade? Btw can i still smoke on occasion and not compromise my time being clean? Thanks any feed back would be much appricated. Just reading what you all have said so far has honestly braugbt my spirits up. Wich feels odd because ive relied on pot to cure my depression. But ive come to the conclusion it only numbs the pain and im gonna have to give myself something else to live for. So what are the secrets off life? What has worked to take your mind off the feeling of being high. Meditation, exersice, delicous foods? What will make my brain more happy? Im pretty rational and open minded to things so please just sling me some ideas that have topped or matched the high of thc. I want that lust for life i had before the depression 4 years ago. Idk just hmu espically if you suffer from depression. Whether it be biological or truma i belieave their is something to learn from everyoenes journey dont sell your self short if your sad you could really help me out. Thanks guys hope you all find peace who have not and keep it real.

Take the Poll

Stoners, you feel normal on a day you dont smoke?
  • No
  • Yes
  • What the hell is normal anymore?
  • Ill hate my life that day
  • Its not so bad if you dont belieave you need it
vote
View Poll Results

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
Congratulations on deciding that you have to stop using. The good news is that "time is on your side."

Sorry, I don't have any secrets of life or calculations incorporating time, weight, and body surface area measurements, but I do know that chemical dependency treatment works. People who seek treatment are generally more successful in their endeavors to stay sober long-term than those who do not seek treatment.

Long-term sobriety is an "easier softer way," and I believe your brain will be happier in the long run if you can acheive that.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Sean Barlow, M.D., is the Betty Ford Center's Chief Psychiatrist and is Board Certified in Psychiatry and has an Certificate of Added Qualificat...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.