Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
whats going on with me??
muskatear posted:
ok im a 26 year old male and ive only just recently gone cold turkey off of smoking weed over the last few weeks i have had two bongs while off of it but thats it and did smoke some cigarettes too while i stop but now am cleaned up. for about 4-5 years straight i had been smoking weed mixed with tobacco constantly and i mean constantly it left me broke every payday because i would get credits of bags every day i couldnt live without having a rage other wise i would freak out stress and just go crazy, i have been to detox 3 times twice last year and again early this year but i always managed to go back on to the weed. but when i was clean and got off the weed in detox i felt a hell lot more better and refreshed i would wake up early and be fresh and ready for the day with so much energy but now lately i have been more tired and waking up a lot more later or i would wake up early but be so tired i would fall back to sleep and just wake up really tired. my motivation was back when i was in detox but now when ive gone turkey and cleaned up i still have no motivation. i find im more reguarly on the computer on facebook too which is also another bad addiction im starting to find. ive been trying to look for work and active apply everywhere to only be turned down i been hoping if i get a job i can be better save up and do more things in life and be more active since i only get paid 208 dollars a week by centrelink (im in australia) and still have many debts of loans and fines i have to pay off not to mention my car is off the road needing new parts which is making it harder for me to not only go to interviews but to go to jobs to places since the bus schedules are changed and you either rock up too early or too late. i dont understand why im more tired and have been trying to find out ive been to my local doctor only for him to tell me its normal but i know it cant be normal because i know my body and how my body has been working for over 26 years so im pretty sure this cant be normal especially if i got off the weed before again and again and been more fresh yet now im more tired??? i do miss it but since i have been off it i dont really need it anymore and my friends can smoke it in front of me and now and i might feel like having it but i dont really want to smoke it now knowing what it does well after your clean it does change but also stays the same but either way i dont want it no more cause i dont like it anymore. i did have a hard time eating but it is sort of back to normal again i used this thing called rescue remedy lollies that helped me eat or calm down if i get stressed and it did help a lot big time but the fact that i wake up more tired and less refreshed could it be the computer screen from the laptop from sitting down a lot more, ive looked up about this information and havent found anything suitable. im a healthy male my body is still in athletic shape since i used to play a lot of sport ages ago and want to get into it again but it is so hard. it also not just mornings to everything i do like going to the city to do things for the day only to come home really tired and passing out for a few hours in the afternoon effect me to so i feel like im sleeping more when im off the weed than when i have been on the weed. my body and brain is like adhd or add meaning im more hyper active than usual people so i still have those same qualities but just really more tired and less motivational. i would like to do the things i want to do but the funds are very little no matter how much i try to improve. i would just like some advise or help in knowing if i have something or if it really is coming off but if it is why is it doing this now then when i have gotten off it a while ago and been more refreshed than before?? from what i remember we were given valium coming off it and for 3 days i slept and then i was fresh and back to normal is this something i should consider just taking valium for 3 days and sleeping to get me back???

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
All the cannabis you have been taking has caught up with you.

Remember, cannabis gets into the brain and basically stays there for a long time because your brain is a lipid-rich organ, and cannabis sequesters in the lipid cells. So, it's going to take a lot of time for all that cannabis to seep out of your brain cells.

Meanwhile, this is going to have an effect on how you think and feel. Seeking help from your doctor may help. There are medications which can be prescribed to help you.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Helpful Tips

smoking
you can also try the quitnet.com. you cangetsomefree parches there. the patches have really helped my with my stopping. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.