Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
i want to cut down
tomuchnow posted:
are u generally more lazy than if u dont smoke weed ,, can u be a top functining adult with minimal weed intake

Take the Poll

please could someone offer advice and some pot smoker wisdom i am 24 and have smoked weed nearly every day for at least 6 years idealy i would like to smoke it once a week currently im at about 3 nights a week will my brain heal with jus cutting down or do uhave to stop completly
  • ive started to dream
  • ds
vote
View Poll Results

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
Cannabis gets into the brain and affects the way it functions. The longer one uses, the more cannabis accumulates in the brain, and the more profound the brain function is affected.

The main effect is short-term memory loss.

You may want to weigh the results of your cannabis use against your desire to continue using it.

joanconnorclark responded:
There is some interesting information in this publication regarding the lasting effects of smoking pot: http://www.bettyfordinstitute.org/publications/sci-mat/sci-mat-education/adolescent-pot-users-show-lasting-iq-drop.php

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Helpful Tips

FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS OF ADDICTED - SEE 'NARANON'
FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH A RELATIVE OR FRIEND SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION - SEE "NARANON" THERE ARE SUPPORT MEETINGS IN THIS AREA ALMOST ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.