Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kratom is the devil
burwill posted:
I will say that kratom was not the best thing to ever come across..I felt great on it.. Almost as if God himself came down from heaven and personally blessed me by his mighty touch..Now Kssziggy I however wasn't taking any other substance just the kratom... I didn't get depressed tell after the first 8 hours of my last dose.. Oh yes I said 8 hours the withdrawal was fast and very complicated.. As of today I have made it to day 4 still feel real tired and the restless leg syndrome is still present...The (RLS) was almost the first system noticed..Other than the walking from one room only to find yourself crying in the next..True story by far the craziest thing ever..But the (RLS) is still happening even on day 4 by far the (RLS) is the biggest pain in the butt..So Kssziggy I'm not sure what your friend is going through as far as taking antidepressants along with kratom..If anything I was more energized a real warm and fuzzy love life lets get er done kinda of affects while using kratom..I do know taking a large amount or a strong dose of kratom will make you very tired... I would suggest to anybody to stay away from the herb...

brandy749 responded:
I never felt a high on Kratom, not like prescription narcotics. They truly are the devil. So is Kratom because while using Kratom. i had panic attacks, extreme anxiety,etc. Its over stimulating and caused me tohave a horrible comdition called ovarian torsion. If i stayed on it, there is no telling what fatal things could have happened.. its a totally. evil drug.... not nearly as addicting as opiods unless wayyyyy over abusing but still a bad bad drug to take. im off kratom now but still suffering from anxiety from kratom. its going away slowly but still there.

mightysoberwarrior replied to brandy749's response:
You know I am really sorry you guys had a bad experience with kratom. I just wanted to say that I think what you may call the devil is actually a God send . It saved my life. I am now sober and healthy. Kratom helped me kick opiates. I no longer take kratom as I don't need it. It has also helped other people I know on their road to recovery.

I wonder since its a plant if the few bad experiences are related to an allergic reaction. It is a plant after all.

It wouldn't be fair to call peanuts or shellfish the devil if it made someone who is allergic to it sick . I also think what the devil really is-- are the pharmaceutical companies feeding pills to people and advertising their pills on television.

I hope you are both feeling better. I just feel protective of this plant as I know it helped me and I would hate to see it banned and take away the opportunity for someone else who may need it. I also think further research should be done.

I came across this post when I was looking for some research for a friend of mine who had some questions about kratom and I will let her know your experiences, but I think more often than not with the people I have come across see Kratom as a positive helpful plant from mother earth.

By the way here is a research article I found regarding kratom, I might as well share it as it seems to have a place in this discussion. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/should-kratom-be-legal/

I wish you all well and health on your road to recovery.

burwill replied to mightysoberwarrior's response:
Kratom is very addictive may not be harmful to the body as heroin is or any other opiate substance... I don't think it needs to be outlawed but it needs to be researched before use... Daily use will become an addiction you will have withdrawal... I'm not using it anymore but have found not 100's but 10,000's of people that had the same experience as I... There's the Kratom addiction page on facebook also try looking at kratom addiction blog site these people have also had problems... Educate yourself before trying to say it's an allergic reaction... This stuff is also banned in the very place it is grown!!! I think it's a great sub to get off harder stuff that's about all I think it's good for other than that it's a very addictive herb....

thebarkinglaika replied to burwill's response:
The only reason it is banned in Thailand is because people were choosing it over opium for pain/anxiety, and the crooked cops over there were no longer benefiting from the crooked opium-related drug money. Do your research.

As for me, kratom has given me my life back. Everything I ate used to make me sick to my stomach, not to mention my pain from scoliosis. Now, I can eat whatever I want, and my gut is relaxed enough to digest it, and I have no more pain.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Peter Przekop, D.O., Ph.D., developed and directs the chronic pain track at the Betty Ford Center . Since 2004, he has been a member of the faculty...More

Helpful Tips

smoking
you can also try the quitnet.com. you cangetsomefree parches there. the patches have really helped my with my stopping. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.