Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
benadryl abuse
An_248918 posted:
which is more damaging to the body 12 benadryl or a forty or beer? i am asking because one of my close friends is abusing every day by the box and he keeps saying its less damaging to your body then a forty of beer every time i tell him not to take it to day and i buy him a beer instead. Any advice on the matter will be much appreciated thank you.

Betty Ford Center
Anthony Tornay, MD responded:
Sorry for the lecture, but abusing anything is inappropriate. The alcohol content of a 'forty' is the same as a six pack of regular beer, which is not healthy, daily drinking.

It's equally disturbing to consider your friend's abuse of Benadryl (far above prescribed doses,) which can have a toxicity which includes cardiac and other organ effects.

Neither choice is wise - it's a matter of 'picking your poison.'

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Helpful Tips

smoking
you can also try the quitnet.com. you cangetsomefree parches there. the patches have really helped my with my stopping. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.