Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
norco detox
An_249031 posted:
iam a 42 yr old woman wit arthritis through out all my joints and a former meth user. iv been using norco 10/325 for only a year but have been increasing to an addictive amount. i take about 6 A day and could be ok wit only taking 2-3. if i decide to quit completly will i need a detox aide or could i quit cold turkey?

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
Whether or not you use a detox aide or quit cold turkey is probably not the important question right now for you. That question is: What's going to happen after that?

I suggest you ask your doctor for help, and then perhaps look into treatment so you can stay sober and not have to go through this again.

There is a lot of help for you if you ask for it.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Sean Barlow, M.D., is the Betty Ford Center's Chief Psychiatrist and is Board Certified in Psychiatry and has an Certificate of Added Qualificat...More

Helpful Tips

FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS OF ADDICTED - SEE 'NARANON'
FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH A RELATIVE OR FRIEND SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION - SEE "NARANON" THERE ARE SUPPORT MEETINGS IN THIS AREA ALMOST ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.