Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Detox from marijuana
jmp103079 posted:
I just quit smoking a week ago and I want to detox my system what shoukld I do, also what are some good ideas on how to get through mental addiction to want to smoke?

Betty Ford Center
Harry L Haroutunian, MD responded:
Congratulations on your decision to stop smoking marijuana. As you may know, this does get stored in the system for weeks after cessation of smoking.

My best advice would be to get plenty of rest with lots of mild, outdoor activity. Good nutrition and perhaps some vitamin supplements including antioxidants to aid in the detoxification process are also important.

Most importantly, make sure you are receiving the support of other sober people who are now enjoying early recovery. If you need assistance, a 12-Step meeting might be just what the doctor ordered.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Anthony Tornay, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and a Director of the Betty Ford Center Board, joined the BFC medical staff in 1984. He is a graduate of...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Effexor Withdrawal
I don't think this was mentioned in this discussion, just skimmed through. I know not everything works this same for everyone, but I came ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.