Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
weed
An_251015 posted:
have been a pot smoker for 20 years. i have smoked about 10 grams per week. i have finally took the plunge into sobriety, i cannot get a job, even though i have 25 years of carpentry experience, because my urine is tainted how long will i have to wait to just simply get a job. i am a very hard working man with attention to detail and cannot afford to go much longer without a job for past mistakes. its been three weeks and i still cannot pass a test. please help i just want to move on

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
With cannabis, it takes time - more time than three weeks but not forever. The key is to stay clean and sober and work a program of recovery so you don't get back into smoking again.

It's hard to say exactly when your urine drug screens will be clean on a consistent basis, but try to hang in there and think in terms of long-term sobriety. Try not to get discouraged and wait a little longer. Remember, the tincture of time works.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Peter Przekop, D.O., Ph.D., developed and directs the chronic pain track at the Betty Ford Center . Since 2004, he has been a member of the faculty...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.