Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
need help with alcoholic husband
An_252266 posted:
My husband whom I love with all my heart, has admitted he is an alcoholic, he said he enjoys drinking that it is crutch, he is also bi-polar, and has stomach problems. I've tried everything I can think of including packing my things and leaving. But I came back and told him I couldn't see him throw his life away. He has a job that keeps him away from alcohol for 3wks at a time, His 3wks home he is generally drunk at least 919 to 20 days. I am at the end of my rope. He has 2 children from previous marriage and his oldest hasn't spoken to him in over 2yrs because of his drinking. I also know that there are several alcoholics in his family. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Take the Poll

Do I give up and leave my alcoholic husband that I love, but he refuses to even try to get sober or do I talk with his doctor behind his back. I have gotten rid of all alcohol in our home. He scares me because he drives while drinking.
  • stay with him and continue to drive myself crazy
  • leave and be in misery because I love him
  • go behind his back to his doctor
View Poll Results
Anon_158160 responded:
You didn't give yourself the option of seeking support from Al-Anon. There are meetings of this group around the world and probably one near you. You'll find many others going through what you are experiencing, which can be very helpful.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

How to detox and how long does it take from Marijuana? ASAP
any information on how and how long does it take to pass a foriesic test,help????? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.