Skip to content
need help with alcoholic husband
An_252266 posted:
My husband whom I love with all my heart, has admitted he is an alcoholic, he said he enjoys drinking that it is crutch, he is also bi-polar, and has stomach problems. I've tried everything I can think of including packing my things and leaving. But I came back and told him I couldn't see him throw his life away. He has a job that keeps him away from alcohol for 3wks at a time, His 3wks home he is generally drunk at least 919 to 20 days. I am at the end of my rope. He has 2 children from previous marriage and his oldest hasn't spoken to him in over 2yrs because of his drinking. I also know that there are several alcoholics in his family. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Take the Poll

Do I give up and leave my alcoholic husband that I love, but he refuses to even try to get sober or do I talk with his doctor behind his back. I have gotten rid of all alcohol in our home. He scares me because he drives while drinking.
  • stay with him and continue to drive myself crazy
  • leave and be in misery because I love him
  • go behind his back to his doctor
vote
View Poll Results

Anon_158160 responded:
You didn't give yourself the option of seeking support from Al-Anon. There are meetings of this group around the world and probably one near you. You'll find many others going through what you are experiencing, which can be very helpful. http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Sean Barlow, M.D., is the Betty Ford Center's Chief Psychiatrist and is Board Certified in Psychiatry and has an Certificate of Added Qualificat...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Effexor Withdrawal
I don't think this was mentioned in this discussion, just skimmed through. I know not everything works this same for everyone, but I came ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.