Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
How long is snorted cocaine in your system?
gabzilla123 posted:
I made the mistake of hanging out with the wrong crowd, and had gotten really drunk. I didn't realize that they had made me snort cocaine until the morning after i was told. I was not in my sense and it was stupid of me to get to that point. I just need to know if this is out of my system. I don't even recall inhaling it either, so i'm hoping is not in my system but in case it is, how long is it in it . I have jobs interviews lined up and it seems that they due urine and hair testing. Am I screwed by this one mistake . I do not longer talk to those people that were my so called friends. I even got traumatize and have stop drinking altogether. did i screw up my changes into getting any corporate jobs because of this?

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
The window of time for a drug to show up in a hair specimen is 90 days after usage. That's why hair testing is commonly utilized as pre-employment testing.

There are a lot of variables to consider surrounding drug testing, so I wouldn't know about the chances for a positive test after a one time cocaine use like you describe. Your urine would likely be positive for up to 72 hours after a one time use.

Perhaps a more important question is "how did this happen?" In order for you to avoid another situation like this, you might want to look at some issues surrounding your alcohol use. If so, there is help available.

gabzilla123 replied to James Golden, MD's response:
I know exactly how this happen, I mixed a bunch of drinks. I was in Vegas and partied a little too much. After that happened, I controlled it and have decided to quit drinking for a while. I'm a social drinker, but I may have gone a little overboard that night. It did give me a wake up call. thanks so much for the information.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Anthony Tornay, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and a Director of the Betty Ford Center Board, joined the BFC medical staff in 1984. He is a graduate of...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.