Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
? on alcohol detoxing at home
An_252690 posted:
Hi, I have a question on Alcohol. detoxing yourself at home. I'm 47, and short of getting completely back on the wagon. I 've fallen this system of drinking for 3-4 days VERY hard, at least a 5th a day...then my body and mind start feeling worn out for obvious reasons. So at that point I stop and it takes about 4 days to feel "ok" again...we all have heard the stories of BEST to detox under medical care...but for the sake of my situation. Question is the last 7-8 years thise detoxing has gotten way worse than it use to be....at what point of severity detox symptoms, follow down dizziness, head ache, shortness of breath, is it possibly getting close to a stroke, or some other life threatening thing.....my blood pressure goes to a range near 180/110 'ish....my normal BP is high too 140-50/80-90....so at what point are all the combined symptoms becoming dangerous.....I' gone to the hospital several times....but mostly just lay in bed and ride it out....but it don't want to accidentally let it get too dangerous at home....in my case it's starting to feel kind of in the danger zone every time

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Anthony Tornay, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and a Director of the Betty Ford Center Board, joined the BFC medical staff in 1984. He is a graduate of...More

Helpful Tips

FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS OF ADDICTED - SEE 'NARANON'
FOR ANYONE DEALING WITH A RELATIVE OR FRIEND SUFFERING WITH ADDICTION - SEE "NARANON" THERE ARE SUPPORT MEETINGS IN THIS AREA ALMOST ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.