Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Marijuana
robin95 posted:
I tried marijuana like 5 or six times in my whole life. Last week i smoked a whole joint. I was completely high and was suffering from dehydration. After 3 hours I was feeling normal. But still my mouth was too dry and I was suffering from dizziness. It's day 8 and still I can't breathe properly and also I'm feeling very dizzy. I went to see a doctor and he gave me some tests like. Blood test and lungs x ray. But my reports were all normal. Please give me some advice.

Betty Ford Center
James Golden, MD responded:
Smoking cannabis can result in some of the symptoms you are describing, but not for very long after smoking just one joint. You may be experiencing an anxiety reaction.

If these symptoms persist, seeing your doctor again may be the prudent thing to do.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Betty Ford Center Board of Directors member A. Thomas McLellan, Ph.D ., Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Director, Penn Center for Substan...More

Helpful Tips

smoking
you can also try the quitnet.com. you cangetsomefree parches there. the patches have really helped my with my stopping. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.