Skip to content
going into detox treatment for 15 year dependency on pain meds
An_255878 posted:
Hello all. I have decided that next month I am going to get off of a 15 year dependency/addiction to pain meds, opiods, for my chronic back pain. I am tired of the side effects, namely the gastro/constipation issues, and just not feeling that great. The dosage I am on is considered "low" but the fact that I have been on them for 15 years, I think I would expect some type of withdrawl from them, so going into a detox treatment center next month. I am highly motivated to get off of these! My plan is to replace the opiod pain meds with NON opiod pain meds, nsaids, and or other meds, like Celebrex or something like that. I have DDD and also a buldging disc L/5 that has been pushing up against a nerve this past few months. Better not thankfully!

luvthoseducks2014 responded:
While I don't know the dosage you are taking each day, I wish you luck. I went to rehab for pain meds two years ago and have never regretted that decision. I am controlling my pain with Flexeril and Ibuprofen. It has made a big difference in my life and my children's lives. Good luck to you.

An_257225 responded:
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!! PLEASE

Anon_158160 replied to An_257225's response:
If you need help with alcohol or drugs, here are helpful 12-Step support sites:
http://www.na.org/
http://aa.org/

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Betty Ford Center Board of Directors member A. Thomas McLellan, Ph.D ., Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Director, Penn Center for Substan...More

Helpful Tips

Help with Effexor Withdrawal
I don't think this was mentioned in this discussion, just skimmed through. I know not everything works this same for everyone, but I came ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.