Skip to content
hydrocodones
mikev72 posted:
will I ever be normal again 10-- 10mg for 5 years ive read everything for years went two days cold turkey got 5 for two days and finally made up my mind up that was it which I was in withdrawl extrememly bad even those days ive done suboxone I quit it because of the storys of the withdrawls which I did for 2 days then methadone samething , I haven't slept in 90 plus hours until yesterday a friend told me about Adderall so I read all the discussions and most people said bad and the ones it saved them so I did it took a 20mg in the morning and felt a little better and then took a powerful sleep medicine and slept a little bit so I took it this morning and it feels if I didn't even take anything I know that you don't want to start another habit and iam not just wanting a little relief not a high iam committed to stop and I wont take another but I don't know what to do iam going crazy

catman58 responded:
Its not easy to get off opiod pain meds. I know, and it sounds like you know. I tried 4 years ago by trying to wean myself off slowly. It worked for awhile until the insomnia kicked in. I felt trapped then and was not able to get any help getting off these poison pills. This time though, I have found help, and am going into a detox treatment, then see if I can line up some counseling if I can afford this too. I know it won't be easy. I think it will be somewhat like getting off smoking, which I finally did. I expect some days initially will be tough, some days maybe better.

The gal that works at the detox said she did not think I will have any withdrawl. We will see. But, I am a highly motivated person, and moreso, in getting off this stuff. I will still have my pain issues, but with luck I will NO LONGER need opiod pain meds!!! I wish you luck. Reach out if you need to. I take each day one at a time.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Sean Barlow, M.D., is the Betty Ford Center's Chief Psychiatrist and is Board Certified in Psychiatry and has an Certificate of Added Qualificat...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.