Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
High TSH normal T3/T4
38andholding posted:
Hi I wanted to share my story, because I was in the dark for so long. I no longer have a thyroid, due to cancer, and have been on supplements. My TSH rose high but my T3 T4 levels were normal. I heard "possible pituitary tumor". The interesting thing at the same time liver scans indicated two large hemangiomas on my liver (these are benign tumors both were about 10cmx12cmx9cm). My first doctors said "no connection", but since the tumors have been excised, my TSH is returning to normal. I can happily say the hospital is writing a case study on me. Although I am due for more tests, there is a possible connection here. These tumors are more common in women and I have read pregnancy and birth control may cause rapid growth. Maybe for those cases where there is no answer, perhaps this could be a causal factor in others. Thank you.

cindymaccarter responded:
Hello

Was there ever any study done on the correlation of the hemangiomas? I have the same situation and also have the liver hemangiomas. Is there a study poted that you are aware of?

Also, how were the tumors excised.?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at age 33 with Graves disease in October 2011 and received RAI treatment November 2011. My symptoms of hyperthyroidism/Graves disease ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.