Skip to content
Symptoms of both Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
An_226890 posted:
Not sure if I'm going completely crazy or not, but I am having symptoms from both Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Oct. of 2009. My mother and sister both have it as well. With Hypothyroidism I know you can't stand cold weather...but for me I can't stand to be hot. I have gained so much weight and I'm not loosing even with medication. I have problems with my menstrual cycle and have started a hormone to make me have a cycle. I am extremely tired and very moody. My moods go up and down all day long and have some panic attacks. I am only 21 yrs. old and would like to find out if this is normal. I have not spoken to my doctor about having symptoms of both diseases but I am not sure he would take me seriously. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and Welcome,

Please contact your doctor to talk about the symptoms you are having and if your thyroid could be a cause. Along with other blood tests that may be needed, the doctor may include thyroid hormone tests .

You should never feel uncomfortable about asking your doctor questions or being taken seriously. They are professionals and no matter how silly or uncomfortable you think the topic can be, you should be treated with respect and concern. This guide, To Make The Most Out Of Your Appointment , will help when scheduling and talking with your doctor.

Let me know if this is helpful,
Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

My gynecologist found a nodule on my thyroid in late 2004. After the biopsy was determined to be inconclusive, I had surgery to remove the right side ...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.