Skip to content
Hypothyroidism for 17 year old girl?
lovelyrita38 posted:
So I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid, but I wanted to know if my symptoms sound like hypothyroidism:
--tiredness
--dry skin/hair
--irregular periods
--spotting between periods
--constipation
--low attention span
--weight gain
also, i have a history of it in my family. but i'm only 17 and some of these symptoms are just mild and the dry skin could be just because it's winter, hence I feel like I may just be paranoid. however, does the combination of these symptoms sound like it could be hypothyroidism? I'm not looking for a diagnosis really, just wondering if these symptoms are enough to get tested. thanks for any help

beanie_gene responded:
They sound like they could be. I would still get checked especially since it runs in your family. Your pediatrician should be checking you anyways since you do have a family history.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my thyroid removed in November 2010. I believe, strongly, it is my responsbility to understand what this while do to my body and my future. No o...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.