Skip to content
I have hypothyroidism and I am in the Army
Badviruz posted:
I have been in the Army for 3 years now. When I came back from Korea they don't me I have Hypothyroidism. Now another person I know is on a permanent profile that restricts him from being weighed and tape. I don't and I don't understand why the doctor won't give me one. He tells me my levels are good and so is the other person, that the reason he gives me for not giving me the profile.

Anyhow I have noticed how my weight shift daily. I eat the right things. I work out daily, but I don't lose the weight as fast as others who are also eating the right things and exercising constantly.

What do you think? Should I see another doctor to get this profile taken care?

dorkasaurus responded:
Hello Badviruz
Army regulation 600-9 (Section 3-2) states:
"Temporary or permanent profiles will not be granted to exempt Soldiers from the requirement to meet body fat standards; therefore, such profiles will be deemed invalid."

http://www.apft-standards.com/files/r600_9.pdf

dorkasaurus replied to dorkasaurus's response:
In fact, hyperthyroidism, when medication and other efforts do not control your ability to pass standards, it can be cause recommendation to be med-boarded.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 40 year old female and have been treating my manic depression with Lithium therapy for about 10 years,straight.I had no idea of the dangers ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.