Skip to content
hypothyroidism and coughing
JUDYJEWEL posted:
Hi everyone- I too am hypothyroid. My brother and sister are as well. I have had a terrible on-going cough which has lasted about 20 yrs. All my allergy medications haven't really helped. My sister has had almost the same cough for a shorter period of time...she was diagnosed after me. My brother has now mentioned he has developed a little cough and asked me about mine....He was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few months ago. Lastly, this is important, I ran into a friend of mine who mentioned her mother recently had her thyroid removed and her cough that she's had for decades, disappeared....Has anyone heard of this? Or does anyone have a thyroid issue and an ongoing, nagging, unproductive cough?
Thanks and would welcome any comments. This is important...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with HypoThyroid 13 years ago.. and then again recently Currently on 50mcg of Synthroid and attempting to lose weight and feel NORMAL agai...More

Helpful Tips

everyone with a thyroid problem should try them!
many do not believe in the supplements but I know do.I was diagnosed 2 years ago and for 1 whole year I felt horrible, extream fatigue, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful