Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hypothyroidism and coughing
JUDYJEWEL posted:
Hi everyone- I too am hypothyroid. My brother and sister are as well. I have had a terrible on-going cough which has lasted about 20 yrs. All my allergy medications haven't really helped. My sister has had almost the same cough for a shorter period of time...she was diagnosed after me. My brother has now mentioned he has developed a little cough and asked me about mine....He was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few months ago. Lastly, this is important, I ran into a friend of mine who mentioned her mother recently had her thyroid removed and her cough that she's had for decades, disappeared....Has anyone heard of this? Or does anyone have a thyroid issue and an ongoing, nagging, unproductive cough?
Thanks and would welcome any comments. This is important...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 28 years old. I'm happily married to my husband James. We have been together for 6 years and married for 5 years. We have 2 wonderful chil...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.