Skip to content
Wanted to know if anyone can relate...
An_242715 posted:
I was told several years ago that I have an extremely slow thryoid and as i get older I get more tired and weak. I find this strange because I am only 26. My financee who is the same age has has his thyriod taken out because of a growth and he seems to have more energy than me. I am tired so often that I have difficulty finding energy to play with my 2 year old and to even hold a job. Does anyone have a similar issue or understands what I mean?

jodiluck13 responded:
I can relate. I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid when I was pregnant with my last child who is now 4 years old. I have noticed that I am more tired now then when I was first diagnosed. I have been actually getting really frustrated because I am tired of feeling tired all the time and to top it off I do not have the energy to exercise to lose weight or just to plain feel better!! I totally understand where you are coming from. I am trying now to concentrate on a good healthy diet to see if this will help me feel better.

Jodi P.

amt2009 replied to jodiluck13's response:
Thank you for responding. I appreciate it. It is really nice to know that I am not alone. I too want to start eating better and exercising. I am thinking of buying a total gym when income tax roles around. Again thanx for the response and I wish you the best.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful