Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wanted to know if anyone can relate...
An_242715 posted:
I was told several years ago that I have an extremely slow thryoid and as i get older I get more tired and weak. I find this strange because I am only 26. My financee who is the same age has has his thyriod taken out because of a growth and he seems to have more energy than me. I am tired so often that I have difficulty finding energy to play with my 2 year old and to even hold a job. Does anyone have a similar issue or understands what I mean?

jodiluck13 responded:
I can relate. I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid when I was pregnant with my last child who is now 4 years old. I have noticed that I am more tired now then when I was first diagnosed. I have been actually getting really frustrated because I am tired of feeling tired all the time and to top it off I do not have the energy to exercise to lose weight or just to plain feel better!! I totally understand where you are coming from. I am trying now to concentrate on a good healthy diet to see if this will help me feel better.

Jodi P.

amt2009 replied to jodiluck13's response:
Thank you for responding. I appreciate it. It is really nice to know that I am not alone. I too want to start eating better and exercising. I am thinking of buying a total gym when income tax roles around. Again thanx for the response and I wish you the best.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease in December of 2009. In June of 2010 I had my thyroid removed.

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.