Skip to content
if it's not hypothyroidism, then what is it?
ashlend87 posted:
I've been having symptoms of hypothyroidism:
First off my grama used to have hypothyroidism.
Being cold all the time (I can't finish my cereal without being cold)
Being tired, not lazy. I could sleep over 13 or 14 hours if I let myself and the rest of the time awake I still feel tired.
I drag myself out to go work out for an hour, I normally go on the bicycle for anywhere from a half hour to an hour.
My hair has also been falling out in clumps as if it were cut and falling off, so showering and brushing my hair afterwords is depressing.
I rarely eat junk food, if I buy a pop it goes flat before I can drink it all, and that's just a regular size pop. I also don't eat a lit of fast food.
I weighed around 180 pounds four years ago and have been gaining weight for the last four years, I am not almost 225.
Yesterday I got a blood test and today I was told my thyroid was fine. I was .22 or something like that.

If I'm "fine" how do I fix my symptoms? I'm tired of being tired all the time!
I'm not looking for a 'miracle pill' to loose the weight, could I still go on a thyroid pill or is it not an option?

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
What tests did they run? A full thyroid panel?

Thyroids can be a bugger to diagnosis, you can be in the normal range and being plagued like you are with numerous symptoms.

Go back to doc and present your complete list of symptoms written down and say...."if this isn't my thyroid, then find out what the heck it is, cause these symptoms are destoying any quality of life I have."

You don't mention your sex/age. which could have bearing on your symptoms and ability to get diagnosed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at age 33 with Graves disease in October 2011 and received RAI treatment November 2011. My symptoms of hyperthyroidism/Graves disease ...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.