Skip to content
No period in 8 months...HELP?
hippiechic629 posted:
I'm 25 and I haven't had a period since mid August 2011. I'm not pregnant, I took 2 tests, both negative. I get cramps almost monthly like PMS but no menstruation. I only have half a thyroid. The other half was removed along with a goiter when I was 12. I have never been told anything about abnormal levels and I was never put on medication(s) for it either. I just want to know if I'm weird or I can get some help for this.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
When was the last time you had labs drawn?
(if none in the last year you should ask your doctor to run a full thyroid panel and check you out.)

Being hypo can do a number on your periods. As well as a lot of other unpleasant side effects.

hippiechic629 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
I haven't had labs drawn since 2005. I don't have insurance but I got a new job and I'm around other women and I just got my period this week.

Spotlight: Member Stories

20 years old; female; college art student; aspiring art therapist. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at age 16 after I had a year sans menstruatio...More

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.