Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No period in 8 months...HELP?
hippiechic629 posted:
I'm 25 and I haven't had a period since mid August 2011. I'm not pregnant, I took 2 tests, both negative. I get cramps almost monthly like PMS but no menstruation. I only have half a thyroid. The other half was removed along with a goiter when I was 12. I have never been told anything about abnormal levels and I was never put on medication(s) for it either. I just want to know if I'm weird or I can get some help for this.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
When was the last time you had labs drawn?
(if none in the last year you should ask your doctor to run a full thyroid panel and check you out.)

Being hypo can do a number on your periods. As well as a lot of other unpleasant side effects.

hippiechic629 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
I haven't had labs drawn since 2005. I don't have insurance but I got a new job and I'm around other women and I just got my period this week.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 43 year old happily married man with 2 children. Don't drink, don't smoke, am 5' 9" and weight 154 lbs. My job is an office...More

Helpful Tips

Hi
In regards to thyroid issues it's interesting how the thyroids works. I actually had my thyroid removed earlier this year because I had an ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.