Skip to content
No period in 8 months...HELP?
hippiechic629 posted:
I'm 25 and I haven't had a period since mid August 2011. I'm not pregnant, I took 2 tests, both negative. I get cramps almost monthly like PMS but no menstruation. I only have half a thyroid. The other half was removed along with a goiter when I was 12. I have never been told anything about abnormal levels and I was never put on medication(s) for it either. I just want to know if I'm weird or I can get some help for this.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
When was the last time you had labs drawn?
(if none in the last year you should ask your doctor to run a full thyroid panel and check you out.)

Being hypo can do a number on your periods. As well as a lot of other unpleasant side effects.

hippiechic629 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
I haven't had labs drawn since 2005. I don't have insurance but I got a new job and I'm around other women and I just got my period this week.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

everyone with a thyroid problem should try them!
many do not believe in the supplements but I know do.I was diagnosed 2 years ago and for 1 whole year I felt horrible, extream fatigue, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful