Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
On Armour Thyroid but no low levels?
SuzieJ1963 posted:
I've been seeing an MD for weight loss. He did a T3, T4 & TSH level which were all normal. But because I've got ALL the symptoms of hypothyroidism & can't lose weight despite doing everything right, he put me on Armour Thyroid 15mg. About 10 days into treatment I began feeling weird, anxious, jittery, jerky and like I'm on edge, and can't sleep. I'm also on Phentermine & Chromium Niconate but have taking Phentermine in the past & didn't have a problem with it. All the symptoms I'm having now point to thyroid toxicity, so I called the dr, he didn't do a repeat level just told me to stop the armour & chromium, which I did today. I'm concerned that stopping these meds abruptly in light of my weird overwhelming symptoms might be bad, maybe cause a thyroid storm? I'm a little scared, any opinions?

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.