Skip to content
On Armour Thyroid but no low levels?
SuzieJ1963 posted:
I've been seeing an MD for weight loss. He did a T3, T4 & TSH level which were all normal. But because I've got ALL the symptoms of hypothyroidism & can't lose weight despite doing everything right, he put me on Armour Thyroid 15mg. About 10 days into treatment I began feeling weird, anxious, jittery, jerky and like I'm on edge, and can't sleep. I'm also on Phentermine & Chromium Niconate but have taking Phentermine in the past & didn't have a problem with it. All the symptoms I'm having now point to thyroid toxicity, so I called the dr, he didn't do a repeat level just told me to stop the armour & chromium, which I did today. I'm concerned that stopping these meds abruptly in light of my weird overwhelming symptoms might be bad, maybe cause a thyroid storm? I'm a little scared, any opinions?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

everyone with a thyroid problem should try them!
many do not believe in the supplements but I know do.I was diagnosed 2 years ago and for 1 whole year I felt horrible, extream fatigue, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful