Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused
linitini14 posted:
I started recognizing that something was going on in my body shortly after having my daughter, 22 months ago. The symptoms have slowly gotten worse and after researching what they could be and realizing that my family has underactive thyroid all through it, I went to the Dr. Ihad blood taken and he said that it was fine. He also said that I am depressed, which I agree with but I realize that depression cannot cause my nails to be brittle, dry skin and I cannot explain my weight gain. Is there any thing I should do considering I literally have every symptom but hair loss? Including the loss of eyebrows? Please help I am becoming almost helpless.

mrussellphoto responded:
I would look into seeing an Endocrinologist and checking into Hashimotos disease. I am trying to figure out similar things right now with my thyroid levels being borderline, family history of hypo and many blatant symptoms of hypo.

http://youtu.be/KBmXPb6V8EY This video has some great info about thyroid and Hashimotos disease.

Best of luck and remember that you are your best advocate! Keep fighting to figure it out!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 43 year old happily married man with 2 children. Don't drink, don't smoke, am 5' 9" and weight 154 lbs. My job is an office...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.