Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Continuing symptoms
JStephen3 posted:
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism several years ago and prescribed 100 mcg, which I have been on for several years. My TSH falls within range but I'm experiencing many hypo symptoms. The dry, itchy, burning skin is by far the worse but others, such as concentration and loss of libido are present as well.

kuuipo14 responded:
The thyroid is the most challenging mechanism of the body to stabalize. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 16 years ago and I still have to change my medicine dosage every few months, the doctors just can't get it stable. If the bloodwork shows it's high, they lower my dosage but my symptoms get worse and vice versa. So I spoke with my doctor and did some research and basically you have to have intricate bloodwork done, which is expensive and many insurance companies won't cover it, so basically I listen to my body and we watch my bloodwork. It is a difficult process and I hope someday research will come out with something more accurate. Good luck, and hang in there. Listen to your body and speak openly to your doctor.

JStephen3 replied to kuuipo14's response:
I have blood work annually. At one time I had an endocrinologist but it seemed almost cursory to him. The only real analysis came from a young female doctor just out of medical school who said the TSH analysis wasn't enough for a complete diagnosis, that the T3 and T4 relationships were more important. Unfortunately, she moved on. So, from what you say, you have more blood work and adjustments. How do you avoid a rubber band effect where you constantly adjusting but never balancing. Or, can this thing really be balanced at all?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Partial Thyroidectom 1/07 Synthroid 75mcgs TSH 2.5

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.