Skip to content
Hyperthryoid and chocolate
McCrossen posted:
What affect does eating chocolate have on hyperthroidism? I am on medication but do enjoy chocolate!

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Its the caffeine in it that is what makes it a use in moderation thing.

If you are having cardiac issues with the hyperthyroidism then limiting/eliminating caffeine is a health choice.

I personally found a natural chocolate with low caffeine amounts in while I was having cardiac issues. Now that that has resolved I enjoy chocolate when I want.

kiznkitten responded:
Sugar cravings may be as sign of Adrenal Fatigue. Part of the profile of problems associated with hypothyroidism. Go here for more info: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
Thyroid Blood tests are NOT accurate for diagnosing Thyroid problems! Your symptoms are the key!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my thyroid removed in November 2010. I believe, strongly, it is my responsbility to understand what this while do to my body and my future. No o...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.