Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
44 yo Male, confused on TSH
bcloud3 posted:
Have been treated for depression for 5 yrs and sleep apnea for 2+ yrs. Still have symptoms - fatigue, difficulty waking, poor concentration/memory/focus, lack motivation / very apathetic about everything, 30lb weight gain last 4-5 yrs. Symptoms seem to be getting worse last couple of years despite antidpressant and CPAP. Dr. looked at TSH a couple of years ago, result was 4.7 and he was not concerned then. He is sending me to have TSH and testosterone checked again. I see alot of conflicting info on "normal" TSH range. Given my symptoms should the 4.7 a couple years ago have been of concern? (I really hope it is even higher this time)

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
thyroid problems are such a monkey to get diagnosed. garrr.

Make sure they run a TSH and a Free T4 - they shouldn't only be looking at the TSH.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2004. I took medication for a year and felt great. Then I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I stopp...More

Helpful Tips

Thyroid Info
Vitamin and nutrient deficiency is one of the main causes of this epidemic. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.