Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hypo- for 2years, on 200 micro units of Levothyroxine
HimynameisSam posted:
Started with a TSH of 12.31, got it down to about 4.3 over 2 years. Started with 100 micro units and worked it up every 3 months. Last week my TSH came back at 12.80. I feel great compared to before the medication. I have not noticed any change in my body. I take a multivitamin and a vitamin c every day at the same time as the Levo but I have been the whole time. I took Chantix ( smoke free medication ) for one month. What could of caused the spike in my TSH? My doc brushed it off and said not to take my vitamins at the same time. Any idea's ?

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
take nothing with your thyroid med but water. You decrease the absortion of it when you take other meds with it.

Are you on brand name or generic? if your taking generic that could cause the spike.

kiznkitten responded:
Sounds like Hashimoto's. Go here and look up Hashimoto's:
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
Thyroid Blood tests are NOT accurate for diagnosing Thyroid problems! Your symptoms are the key!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Partial Thyroidectom 1/07 Synthroid 75mcgs TSH 2.5

Helpful Tips

Taking Synthroid -
I usually don't take with food and I take mine first thing in the morning with my coffee & then wait at least 30 mins for bkfst. ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.