Skip to content
Life after RAI
dagelinas posted:
I also was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in Sept 2011. I became very sick quick, losing alot of fluids, no appetite, & very weak. I lost 55 lbs within a month. I was given the radioactive pill on 10/20/11. I gradually started to feel better, got my appetite back, & gained back 25 lbs. In January of this year, my hormones swung opposite, & I am now hypo. They started me on a low dose of levothyroxine & are slowly increasing the dosage to get me leveled out. I too have been very irritable, have hair loss, & get very frustrated because I can't remember common everyday words. My hair is also like it has been burnt; very dry & breaks off easy. I'm wondering if I will ever be back to my normal self, although the discussions here have been somewhat encouraging.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at age 33 with Graves disease in October 2011 and received RAI treatment November 2011. My symptoms of hyperthyroidism/Graves disease ...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.