Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Life after RAI
dagelinas posted:
I also was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in Sept 2011. I became very sick quick, losing alot of fluids, no appetite, & very weak. I lost 55 lbs within a month. I was given the radioactive pill on 10/20/11. I gradually started to feel better, got my appetite back, & gained back 25 lbs. In January of this year, my hormones swung opposite, & I am now hypo. They started me on a low dose of levothyroxine & are slowly increasing the dosage to get me leveled out. I too have been very irritable, have hair loss, & get very frustrated because I can't remember common everyday words. My hair is also like it has been burnt; very dry & breaks off easy. I'm wondering if I will ever be back to my normal self, although the discussions here have been somewhat encouraging.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 40 year old female and have been treating my manic depression with Lithium therapy for about 10 years,straight.I had no idea of the dangers ...More

Helpful Tips

Hi
In regards to thyroid issues it's interesting how the thyroids works. I actually had my thyroid removed earlier this year because I had an ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.