Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What is the dangers of drinking energy drinks with Hypothyroidism?
Jenz12 posted:
I take medication for Hypothyroidsism and a antidepressiant for mental focus. I also have sleep apnea in which I wake up in the middle of the night and then go to sleep an hour later sometimes. I have been taking naps in the middle of the day. I need to be able to focus on my school work, which I attend College. I also need to exicute a plan to restart my income. I know that Caffene has the oppisite effect on me. My question is for the energy drinks that do not contain caffene. Are they safe?

catherinetr responded:
This is a very good question and I would also like an answer. Please. In light of the popularity of Fake energy drinks and those that are more health conscience the energy drinks that contain Natural herbals, like Ephedra nevadensis, natural caffeine, the new Moringa craze and ginseng. Could these herbs burn out adrenals or the thyroid? We need to know. ASAP

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with HypoThyroid 13 years ago.. and then again recently Currently on 50mcg of Synthroid and attempting to lose weight and feel NORMAL agai...More

Helpful Tips

Hi
In regards to thyroid issues it's interesting how the thyroids works. I actually had my thyroid removed earlier this year because I had an ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.