Skip to content
Hypothyroid and alcohol metabolism
angelsls2 posted:
I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroid. I was wondering if anyone knows if hypothyroid affects alcohol metabolism. I rarely drink; and, the last time I had drinks, I only had 3 drinks over a 5 hour period. I could not feel any affects from the drinks while I was drinking them. About an hour after I stopped drinking. The alcohol hit me all at once. Cany anyone tell me if this is because of the hypothyroidism? Because for me, it seemed like the alcohol was not metabolizing at all and then it started metabolizing all at once. Any info anyone can give me about this is greatly appreicated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

20 years old; female; college art student; aspiring art therapist. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at age 16 after I had a year sans menstruatio...More

Helpful Tips

Hashimoto's Patients Beware: Mood Disorders!
Hello all! I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago and have been struggling with mood problems ever since. I was diagnosed with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.